This program is for the very low consumption Geiger Muller counter PC-GM8. These pages give all information to build the hardware part of the counter. For information, the current consumption the counter is around 80µA in normal mode.
Program for the Geiger Muller counter PC-GM8
The program has been developped with Composer Studio (CCS).
The counter displays data on a dedicated LCD display. The image above (click to enlarge) shows how the display is used in normal operation. Pushbuttons allow to interact with the GM counter to validate the alarms, the errors and to change some settings. For clarification, see the documentation (in French).
Environment and target platform
- Developped on Texas Instrument msp-exp430FR4133
- Development environment: Code Composer Studio
- Functionnal documentation (in French)
- main.c and main.h: main program
- hal_LCD.c and hal_LCD.h: LCD display management
- utilitaires.c and utilitaires.h: some utilitaries (battery management, send/receive...)
- menu.c and menu.h: menu management
- common.h: global declaration
- fontXX.h: fonts for the e-paper display
- PC_Epd_154_low_memory.c and PC_Epd_154_low_memory.h : e-paper display management
- Affepaper.c and Affepaper.h: e-paper display management
Communication with the counter
Serial link (COMx), 9600bps, 8 bits, 1 stop, Parity none.
You can report the bugs of the program by using the "contact" on the home page.